Sunday, April 3, 2011

VA visit/ baby shower/ and 28 and 29 weeks.

So last Thursday we packed up the car and drove eight hours to my parents house for a quick weekend visit. When I say quick I am not even joking... it seemed like the weekend came and went before I could even realize it. We actually went to VA because Tim had to take a test at school so that he can graduate this May. We drove 8 hours down to my parents house Thursday and then the next morning we drove 4 hours out to Lynchburg for Tims' test; I waited in the car for 3 and half hours for him, and then we turned around and drove 3 and half hours back to the beach for the night. Then the next morning we got up and met up with Eric, Laurie, and Grace (my youth pastor in high school and his family). Afterwards we ran some errands and then went to our baby shower. I feel so fortunate to have so many people who love and support Tim and I and our growing family. It was a great time to see old friends and family and just enjoy fellowship with them. They also gave us so many great gifts that will come into great use for when baby girl gets here. After the shower we went back to my parents house long enough to pack up the car for our journey home the next morning and then  headed to the church I grew up in for revival. The next morning we went back to church, ate a quick lunch and then hit the road for another 8 hour journey back to PA. To top off the very busy weekend, Tim and I were both sick while we were away. Needless to say, it was a few very exhausting days.

I had an appointment last Wednesday and found out I am anemic which I am sure has contributed to why I feel so easily exhausted. Other than that everything seems to be going well. I think it really sunk in for Tim that things are starting to get closer during our appointment. The look on his face when he realized we now move onto two week appointments instead of four was pretty priceless. Since then he has been talking a lot about the things we need to get done before baby girl gets here. Our list is almost sickening and quite a bit overwhelming but I believe we can finish it all. We have spring cleaning to do, painting to finish, gardens to mulch, a vegetable garden to plant, a lawn mower to fix, curtains to make, any baby planning we need to finish, and so on.

Not a whole lot has changed with the baby and me other than she is definitely starting to move a whole lot more. She is most active within 30 minutes of me waking up and then around 8:30-9pm or anytime I eat. It is such a weird feeling to feel her moving so much. I am interested to see if her movements match up with her active times once she gets here. The heartburn is definitely still there but I think I just need to get used to it for at least the next 11 weeks.

As for this week which marks 29 weeks as of today, there is not a whole lot that will be going on. Tim and I have our hospital tour on Tuesday evening. I have my next prenatal appointment on Friday. I don't expect it to be anything abnormal.  I have a feeling the next 11 weeks are going to fly by seeing that in those 11 weeks there is a lot that will happen. My mom is coming to visit in just over a week, I turn 23 on the 15th, we have a baby shower on the 16th, Wednesday- Sunday of  Easter week is going to be crazy busy, May 6th and 7th I am taking our teens to acquire the fire, May 12th-14th Tim and I will be traveling back to Lynchburg, VA for his graduation, May 15th-18th is our Missional Summit at church, May 23rd we have another parenting class to go to, May 30th is our 2 year anniversary, and then we are into June with graduations and such. Those are just the main things I can think of off the top of my head that are coming up. I know there are lots of teen things, doctors appointments and other smaller things that are coming up that will really make the next few weeks fly by. She's coming sooner than we think! I am getting excited!

Maybe I will get Tim to take a few pictures this week so we can update you all on the growing belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment