Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Excuse my absence but life has been crazy.

I know I have not blogged in weeks but my life really has been going crazy. Since our hospital visit I have had another doctors appointment and found out that baby girls is doing just fine. She is growing well and it won't be long until we see her. I am currently in my 32nd week. Baby girl is about 4lbs and 16.5 inches long. She is quiet the kicker. She is moving a whole lot more often than before and honestly it is the strangest feeling at times. The other night while laying in bed Tim kept feeling her kick his back and he finally say "thats weird and annoying". Tell me about it... its inside of me all day long. It may be strange and slightly inconvenient at times but it really is nice to feel her move. It is a reassurance that all is well and things are moving along as they should. As far as me, I am feeling very good. I often here people complain that at about this time they are so completely over pregnancy. I cannot honestly say that thought runs through my mind too much. To be completely honest, I often forget I am pregnant. It takes me running into a door frame with my stomach, trying to squeeze into a pre-maternity shirt, tying my shoes, or being on my feet too long and having swollen toes and a sore back to realize something is different. I feel like I move at the same pace and I can do the same things I did before pregnancy without great complication.Though Tim may beg to differ, I do not feel as if anything has greatly changed. I feel like I could go run a mile right now and feel even better afterward. No, I will not be doing that but I am simply saying for the most part I feel very normal. The heartburn still exists but it has just become a part of life and not really something I even relate to baby. For the most part I cannot complain about being pregnant.

This past weekend the ladies from church threw us a very nice baby shower. My mom was able to drive down for a few days and attend it with me. We got so many nice gifts. We were blessed  with our high chair, car seat, stroller, boppy pillow, baby carrier, lots of clothes, toys and blankets. Honestly, I think the only things left to buy are diaper wipes, sheets, a changing pad and covers, and a few other small items. Her room has quickly filled up but it's not just her room. The drawers of her dresser are full, her closet is lined with clothes, the kitchen now contains a high chair, one cabinet now has bottles, bowls and spoons, and the basement now has a box of clothes from 6-24months and a stack of other baby supplies that wont be used for the first few months of her life. We are ready! I said the other day that if she came now we would have everything we need... what a scary reality. It won't be long. As a matter of fact, today marks exactly 2 months until my due date. 

My mom just left this morning and I am kind of shocked at my feelings right now. Typically, when we have guests in our home by the time they leave I am ready to say goodbye and get back to normal (no offense to anyone). The past few visits with my family have seemed very rushed and so packed with an agenda that they fly by and are often more stressful than enjoyable. My mom was here for a week and from the moment she walked through the door (literally) she was working. She began with cooking dinner, made curtains for 2 rooms, hung curtains in 2 other rooms, hemmed the sheet I had hanging in the guest bedroom closet door, helped me price some teen yard sale items, organized and sorted baby clothes and gifts, helped me make pies for the teens pie sale this weekend, washed dishes every day, and even changed the sheets on the guest bed before she left. We ran from store to store buying fabric, curtain rods, thread, groceries, along with any other errands that had to be done. The time together was packed full and flew buy incredibly fast. When she left this morning I honestly thought to myself, "man, I am not ready for her to leave yet". It's not because I want her to stay and do more work around my house but more because I want her to stay and simply relax. I am blessed to have a mom who can come visit for a few days and is okay with lending a hand and taking part in our chaotic lifestyle and I am very grateful for all she did while she was here. Knowing I will see her in 3 weeks for Tim's graduation makes things a little easier but again I know that weekend will be busy and not the visit I want to have. I am missing my family a lot today. I realized this week how nice it is to have someone around to talk to and to run errands with. I often do not notice how busy Tim and I are and how that takes away from our time together. I know both Tim and I are feeling the stress and pressure of getting things done but maybe we need to take a day to do nothing but be together. I am not saying we have some serious issues, I am simply saying that sometimes life gets busy and I don't want to take advantage of the precious time I can have with important people. 

Well, it is time to head off to work for another busy day, followed by a busy day tomorrow with the Maundy Thursday Seder Meal, Fridays Good Friday service, Saturdays church Easter egg hunt and Merge, and  Sundays Easter celebrations. Have a wonderful rest of the week and a very happy Easter!

Expect shower and belly pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I would have been able to have my Mom with me at some point in my pregnancy. It was one of the few times that I really wanted the familiarity of being a daughter, and of being "taken care of" before it was my turn to care for a little guy. I can also relate to wanting to have someone to talk to about/share with life's daily tasks and chores. David works weird/long hours, and I often find myself wishing I had someone to chit chat with about the little stuff that only another woman would care about.

    Glad to hear that baby Girl is doing well, and that you are also. The last 10 weeks or so of pregnancy was my favorite time, so I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. We should chat some time when you aren't busy. I miss talking to you!

    ReplyDelete