Friday, March 11, 2011

bye-bye feet.

The past week has been pretty uneventful as far as baby goes. She is definitely growing and moving around quite a bit more than she had been. Tim has been able to feel her movements or watch them now several times. He always says, "I want to feel them when she starts kicking REALLY hard". I can't really imagine her kicking harder at times. Sometimes it feels like shes about to push right through my stomach so if she kicks/pushes much harder I may not like it very much.

I noticed a few days ago that I no longer have feet... I only have toes. I am afraid it won't be long and they will disappear as well. My "pregnancy allergy" has been kind of strange lately. The rash comes and goes and still remains on my legs alone. It has yet to cause much discomfort so I will live with it for now. Honestly, I am more concerned about the upcoming capri and short season and having this nasty looking rash on my legs... but then again; here in Butler, PA where it is still snowing on the 11th of March, I may not have to worry at all about showing off my lovely red rash. My current symptoms are frequent heartburn, slight lower back aches, leg and stomach cramping. I have had to learned that drinking lots of water and eating raw broccoli and other potassium sources helps alleviate the cramping some. If I sit or stand for too long my back aches so thats not a hard fix. Changing positions often makes it so I am a little more comfortable. As far as the heartburn, I honestly don't think there is much I can do. I lay on my left side, avoid acidic or other foods that are supposed to be heartburn triggers, eat foods to help calm heartburn, and even take antacids but sometimes none of the remedies work. To be honest, it is becoming something I am used to, therefore I just push through the discomfort and stop worrying about the things I can't change. In just a few months the heartburn, backaches, and cramping and hopefully rash will end. I think I can handle this.

I have to go for my glucose test next week. I am totally not looking forward to it but I just keep reminding myself one nasty drink and I will be done. I have my next prenatal appointment on March 23rd. I am pretty sure my appointments after that will be two weeks apart instead of four. That kind of scares me... I am realizing how close we are getting to having a brand new baby. I will start my 3rd trimester in just over a week. AHH! Tim and I start parenting basics classes on Monday. I know we can handle this and I am ready but a little extra preparation won't hurt right?

Tim and I will be leaving for VA on the 24th so that he can go to school to take his test for graduation. I am trying so hard to be supportive and helpful to him but I just don't know what I can do. He is stressed beyond belief but I have great faith in him and know he will do just fine. If you think of it say a prayer for him between now and the 25th (the day of his test). I am sure he would appreciate it. While we are in VA, we are going to make a quick pit stop to my parents house for the weekend. My mom and Mrs. Kim (close family friend) are planning a small baby shower for while we are there. I am super excited to not only see my friends and family but to start getting some more baby stuff.

I uploaded 25 week pictures the other day and yes I know, apparently I am huge, a beached whale, a hippopotamus, etc but at least it looks like pregnancy and not just chub. But... if we want to classify it as chub so I can have an excuse again to desire for the street sign down at Sandbridge that read "chub lane" we can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment