Thursday, August 18, 2011

Poop This... Poop That... Poop Poop Poop.

So Hannah is now almost 9 weeks and 4 days old. She had her two month appointment yesterday and weighed in at 10lbs and 3 ounces and is 22 inches long. My girl is growing like a weed. She ranked in the 40th percentile for both her height and weight. For awhile I had been worried that Hannah was not getting all the nutrients she needs from me but after seeing her consistently grow I will never doubt again. She also got her two month vaccinations at yesterdays appointment and handled really well. She of course did not like them. All she wanted was to be held and loved on by her Momma and she was just fine. Into the evening she seemed to become more fussy and uncomfortable. She ran a low grade fever and her little thighs began to swell some but once she got a dose of Tylenol in she seemed to sooth really well and slept for a good while.

I talked to her doctor again about an issue the poor girl has been having for awhile. She will love me for this one day but its true my daughter doesn't seem to know how to pass gas or poop properly. When she was brand new this was not an issue for her at all. I mean afterall, we made jokes about being able to use her as a human whoopie cushion and how she had "the incident" with her dad but this has now changed for sure.  For awhile now we thought she had a stomach virus because her poop was.... well you don't really care to know what it looked like but it just didn't look right and she was so extremely fussy. I have noticed that poop has been the topic of my conversation with just about anyone and everyone lately. I think its official I am just like every other Momma in the world and find it to be totally ok to make bodily functions a regular discussion. Last time I took Hannah to the doctor to address this issue that I believed was causing her to scream non-stop they suggested that she may have reflux so they put her on zantac. She may have a reflux issue but on top of that I am convinced she has a stomach issue. Her poop seems to be looking more normal now but she sure struggles to pass it. The doctor told me yesterday that we may just have to wait it out until it she hopefully grows out of this phase. Both Tim and I look forward to that day.

Other than her stomach struggles my girl is doing great. I am amazed at how much something so little can change your life.Waking up in the morning doesn't seem so bad when I am greeted with a gorgeous smile. Everything I do seems so much better when I hear her giggle or coo at the simplest of things. She has pretty much transformed both Tim and me but I wouldn't change it for the world. As much as he hates to admit it, Tim and I both are wrapped around her little finger already. I am so excited to see how much life is going to continue to change and grow with our June Bug a part of our lives. I love this new adventure we are on.
Amos and Hannah hanging out together. They will be best friends. 

The most precious face in the world.

Hanging out with Mom at work and babbling away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment